Sunday, August 25, 2013

Amazing Cover: "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" (Lauryn Hill)


Back in 1967 Frankie Valli had a huge hit with his ballad "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," fast-forward 31 years later and Laruyn Hill enjoyed similar success with her sublime take. Hill's rendition of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" would go onto earn her a Grammy Award nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and peak at #35 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart and #2 on the Rhythmic Top 40 chart in 1998.

As we continue to honor the fifteenth anniversary of Lauryn's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit her amazing cover of Valli's classic.

 With that said, take a listen below to her amazing cover of Valli's classic "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment