Tuesday, November 30, 2010
"Speechless" - Beyonce
- Writers and Producers: Knowles, Andreao Heard, Sherrod Barnes, Beyince
- Classification: Quiet Storm, Southern Soul, Smooth Soul and Slow Jam
- Record Label: Columbia Records
- "Speechless" is featured on Beyonce's 2003 Dangerously In Love
Check out this live audio of Michael Jackson singing his classic "I Wanna Be Where You Are"... Enjoy!
Check out this live clip of Deborah Cox performing her classic "Nobody's Supposed to Be Here"... Enjoy!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Check out Mariah Carey's latest video for her latest Christmas single "Oh Come All Ye Faithful / Hallelujah Chorus " featuring her mother Patricia Carey... Enjoy!
Amazing Cover: Isley Medley (Keyshia Cole, Bilal, Tank, El DeBarge, Eric Benet, Freddie Jackson, Peabo Bryson, Jeffery Osborne, R. Kelly, Chante Moore, Cee-Lo Green and Ron Isley)
Check out this amazing covers medley of The Isley Brothers and Ron Isley's hits by Keyshia Cole, Bilal, Tank, El DeBarge, Eric Benet, Freddie Jackson, Peabo Bryson, Jeffery Osborne, R. Kelly, Chante Moore, Cee-Lo Green, and Ron Isley himself... Enjoy!
Check out this live clip of Jazmine Sullivan performing a medley of her current singles "10 Seconds" and "Holding You Down"... Enjoy!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Check out this medley that R. Kelly performed at the start of the Soul Train Awards, which included his current single "When A Woman Loves"... Enjoy!
Amazing Cover: Anita Baker Medley (Chrisette Michele, Tamia, Faith Evans, Kem, Rachel Ferrell, Lalah Hathaway, Goapele, Dionne Farris, and El DeBarge)
Check out this Anita Baker hits Medley by Chrisette Michele, Tamia, Faith Evans, Kem, Rachelle Ferrell, Lalah Hathaway, Goapele, Dionne Farris, and El DeBarge... Enjoy!!
Check out this live performance from tonight's airing of The Soul Train Awards with Badu performing "Out My Mind, Just In Time" and "Window Seat"... Enjoy!
"That's the Way of the World"
- Writers: Maurice White, Charles Stepney, Verdine White
- Producer: Maurice White
- Classification: Funk, Chicago-Soul
- Record Label: Columbia Records
- "That's the Way of the World" was released in 1975 from That's the Way of the World
- It reached #1 on the U.S. Billboard Black Singles
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Check out Patti performing her take on the Aretha classic "Ain't No Way" live during one of GMA's Summer Concerts... Enjoy!
"Forever, For Always, For Love" - Luther Vandross
- Writer and Producer: Luther Vandross
- Classification: Quiet Storm, Smooth Soul, Slow Jam, and Old-School Soul
- Record Label: Epic Records
- Featured on 1982's "Forever, For Always, For Love"
Check out this new joint from Chrisette Michele entitled "Let Freedom Reign" featuring Black Thought and Talib Kweli... Enjoy!
Check out Whitney's amazing cover of the Queen's classic "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" from back in 1988 at Madison Square Garden... Enjoy!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Check out Jazmine Sullivan performing her first single form her upcoming album "Love Me Back" and the classic "Poison"... Enjoy!
"Don't Leave Me This Way"
- Writers: Kenny Gamble, Leon Huff, and
- Producers: Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff
- Classification: Philly Soul and Disco
- Record Label: Philadelphia International Records
- "Don't Leave Me This Way" was released in 1975 from Wake Up Everybody
- It reached #3 on the U.S. Billboard Disco Charts
Check out this preview of T.I.'s upcoming single "Castle Walls" featuring Christina Aguilera. It's just the hook with Christina singing and it sounds great! Enjoy!
Check out John Legend, Melanie Fiona, and Common performing their take on "Wake Up Everybody" for this Live Video of the Day... Enjoy!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Check out this amazing cover and mix of Etta James and Christina Aguilera singing the James classic "Something's Got A Hold On Me"... Enjoy!
"Diary" - Alicia Keys
- Writers: Alicia Keys and Kerry Brothers, Jr.
- Producers: Alicia Keys
- Classification: Neo-Soul, Smooth Soul, Slow Jam, and Quiet Storm
- Record Label: J Records
- "Diary"was released in 2004 from The Diary of Alicia Keys.
- Peaked at #8 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs