Sunday, October 5, 2014

Amazing Cover: "I'd Rather Go Blind" (Beyoncé)


Back in 2008, Beyoncé portrayed Etta James in Cadillac Records and while the film was mostly slept on in my opinion, in addition to Beyoncé's sublime acting, a lot of people took note of her vocal portrayal of James and in 2009, Beyoncé would go onto perform "At Last" during President Barack Obama's inauguration.

With that said, another one of Beyoncé's vocal standout moments from the soundtrack to Cadillac Records has to be her powerhouse rendition of "I'd Rather Go Blind." Why we haven't seen a live performance of this from Beyoncé since she filmed Cadillac Records is unbeknownst to me, but hopefully in this new era we will get a chance to hear her rip through "I'd Rather Go Blind" as it is one of her best vocal performances to date in my book.

Therefore, take a few minutes and get reacquainted with Beyoncé's sublime cover of the Etta James classic "I'd Rather Go Blind" below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment