Monday, October 20, 2014

Live Audio: "I'm Glad You're Mine" (D'Angelo)


It's been fourteen years since D'Angelo released his critically acclaimed sophomore album Voodoo and while there has been limited word on his followup rumored to be entitled James River as it was believed to be released 2013, a limited released recording Live At The Jazz Café is got a major release earlier this year in the form of Live at the Jazz Café, London: The Complete Show.

While I have the original EP that was recorded on September 14, 1995 gig at the Jazz Café in London, the original only featured six of the eleven joints that were recorded and performed that night and Live at the Jazz Café, London: The Complete Show will feature the previously unreleased five joints including the  cover of Al Green's "I'm Still in Love with You," which D'Angelo entitled  "I'm Glad You're Mine."

Take a listen below to D'Angelo's live cover of "I'm Still in Love with You," which D'Angelo affectionately labeled "I'm Glad You're Mine" and hopefully we'll get an update on D'Angelo's longly awaited third album.



No comments:

Post a Comment