Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Second Listen: "I Am Light" (India.Arie)


Last night, India.Arie released the prologue to her forthcoming first book SongVersation: I Am Light
My thoughts on the skin bleaching allegations… A SongVersation on creating healing in the face of
colorism, misogyny, twitter trolls and celebrityism on her website and after reading it myself, I thought it would be nice for all of us to revisit her powerful song "I Am Light."

Written and produced by India.Arie and featured on 2013's SongVersation, I cannot wait to see what conversations and songs arise from India's forthcoming project because after reading the prologue, I am intrigued to see where and how this conversation arises.

With that said, as we await the first part of India's digital book, I thought it would be appropriate to take a second listen to "I Am Light" below!




No comments:

Post a Comment