Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Second Listen: "Never Gonna Break My Faith" (Aretha Franklin ft. Mary J. Blige)


Everyone has a song or two that they go back to religiously during a time of need and this collaboration between the Queen of Soul, Ms. Aretha Franklin and Mary J. Blige is one of those such jams for me.

Back in 2006, the Emilio Estevez directed film Bobby was released and the theme song for the emotional film was the Bryan Adams written and The Underdogs produced gem "Never Gonna Break My Faith."

Performed by Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige, and the Boys Choir of Harlem, "Never Gonna Break My Faith" was played during the closing credits and to this day is a go to song for me in times of struggle.

As we continue to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., I thought it would be appropriate to revisit this anthem lifted from the Bobby soundtrack below.




No comments:

Post a Comment