Thursday, January 22, 2015

Amazing Cover: "Get Lucky" (Jazmine Sullivan)


I HATE YOU Jazmine Sullivan for turning out "Get Lucky" the way you did in London last year and not giving us a recorded rendition for us to rock. Although I must say her latest album Reality Show is perfection and an added track, even "Get Lucky," might've messed up the flow.

With that said, her runs and scats during the breakdown of the Daft Punk monster smash hit transform "Get Lucky" into an uptempo funky jazzy smooth jam that has me yearning to hear both a recorded official version from Jazmine as well as a bonus cut live version from her. While I know that this will never happen, I hope has her cover of "Kiss From A Rose" at least will appear on an album one day.

Watch this phenomenal live clip of Jazmine breaking it down on Daft Punk's Grammy-winning monster smash hit single "Get Lucky" from her 'comeback' show in London last year and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment