Monday, January 19, 2015

Cut: "Cry." (Mariah Carey)


While Mariah Carey is getting ready to begin her first ever Vegas residency with a show that will highlight all of her record-breaking 18 #1 hits, I am really upset that her sublime album Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse hasn't gotten as much critical and commercial love as it deserves.

While it is unclear if any cuts from Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse will make the cut for the show as the set doesn't boast a #1 hit from Mariah, the album as a whole is a brilliant body of work and starts off with a bang in my book with the powerful ballad "Cry.".

Co-written and co-produced between Mariah and James "Big Jim" Wright, what I love about "Cry." is the fact that this ballad truly lets Mariah's vocals and pen game take centerstage. With that said, take a listen to "Cry." below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment