Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cut: "Veins" (Jazmine Sullivan)


If reality shows are over dramatic and often times inauthentic, Jazmine Sullivan's third album Reality Show is the total opposite offering up a raw, harrowing and introspective view of some of the tales we might see flashed on our TV screens.

A self-noted reality show fan, Jazmine Sullivan might've been inspired by the content on our screens, but she takes it a few steps further offering some deep lyrical content and powerhouse vocals that only this legend in the making possess.

With that said, one of my favorite cuts from her new album Reality Show has to be "Veins," which opens up with a few powerful lines: "Writings on the wall, but I can't see the words it's right in front of me but my vision is blurred...".

Offering one of the best albums I've heard in a minute, Jazmine's return warrants more acclaim both critically and commercially in my opinion and "Veins" is just a tip of the iceberg that is Reality Show.

Take a listen below to "Veins" and if you like what you hear, go and support Jazmine by picking up her new album.




No comments:

Post a Comment