Friday, October 18, 2013

Playback: "I Hope" (Rebecca Ferguson)



** I posted Rebecca Ferguson's new joint "I Hope" a few days ago and I don't think a lot of people took note of the brilliance of this banging record so I wanted to bring it back for a playback. **

With the recent UK music explosion, it is interesting to note that a lot of the successful Black artists from across the pond haven't been able to translate that success as well in the States as some of their white counterparts.

Case and point X Factor UK finalist Rebecca Ferguson who had a solid debut effort in the UK, but has struggled to crossover here in the States so far. While her debut album Heaven would go onto double platinum status in her home country, it barely made a mark here in the US and hopefully her sophomore album Freedom will fair better as it is set for release in the UK on December 2nd and then hopefully a first quarter 2014 release here in the US.

With that said, the lead single form Freedom, "I Hope" recently debuted online and the thumping ballad features Rebecca's haunting throwback vocals perfectly in my opinion. Take a listen below to "I Hope," which is set to officially impact digital outlets on November 24th and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment