Friday, March 13, 2015

Second Listen: "Wish I Didn't Miss You" (Angie Stone)


With Angie Stone back in the news, I thought it might nice to revisit some of her classic hits and albums and of course there is her sublime sophomore album Mahogany Soul which featured Angie's infectious hit "Wish I Didn't Miss You."

Sampling the O'Jay's "Back Stabber," the song was therefore written and composed by Ivan Matias, Andrea Martin with sampling credit going to Leon Huff, Gene McFadden, John Whitehead. Peaking at #79 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #31 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, "Wish I Didn't Miss You" would become her third biggest chart hit, but probably her most iconic song when it comes to her discography.

With that said, take a hopefully second listen below to "Wish I Didn't Miss You" from Angie Stone and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment