Monday, August 25, 2014

Live Video of the Day: "Hear My Call" (Jill Scott)


I don't know about you, but I've been in a bit of a funk with all that is occurring in Ferguson, MO and while my heart hurts, I thought it would be appropriate to watch Jill Scott's riveting performance of her torch ballad "Hear My Call" from her appearance on BET's Sunday Best from back in 2012.

Offering an even better performance, in my opinion, than her recorded version on, The Light of The Sun, Scott is one of those rare talents in the industry that is always better live than on record. Armed with just her voice, emotions, and a talented accompanist, Jill glides over this powerful opus of truth to craft a touching and haunting performance of "Hear My Call."

Watch her off the charts performance below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment