Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mashup: "I Got U (feat. Jax Jones)" (Duke Dumont)


While I was not too familiar with Duke Dumont, a few weeks ago, I received an email inquiring about the song and the apparent usage of Whitney's vocals on "I Got U." After some investigation, I found out that it was not Whitney's vocals, but that "I Got U" interpolates vocals from session singer Kelli-Leigh's performance of "My Love is Your Love" in order to sound similar to The Voice's original rendition.

Dumont was inspired by the original recording of that song by Whitney Houston, saying: "It's one of my favorite Whitney songs, especially the latter Whitney period". With that said, take a few minutes and get wrapped up in "I Got U," which to me is a bit of a mashup of his production and the vocal stylings of Ms. Whitney Houston below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment