Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Joint: "Stand In The Way (of My Love)" (Timothy Bloom)


A few days ago, Timothy Bloom released his new joint "Stand In The Way (of My Love)," which is lifted from his forthcoming debut solo album, which is slated for release next week on January 7th.

While it missed my radar a bit, I'm glad I discovered it on the first of the year as "Stand In The Way (of My Love)" is a great soulful mid-tempo song that has trappings of some traditional soul and R&B music which we all love, but also mixed with some contemporary sounds.

While a lot of soul and R&B music the past few years or so has been sonically mixing with Europop and other dance elements, it's refreshing to hear a traditional soulful song from the Two-time Grammy winner who is preparing to finally release his debut solo effort after perfecting it for the last two years.

Take a listen below to "Stand In The Way (of My Love)" and if you're like me, after hearing this, you will be looking out for Timothy's forthcoming album when it's released Tuesday, January 7th.





No comments:

Post a Comment