Saturday, February 7, 2015

Amazing Cover: "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" (Ledisi)


Tomorrow night at the GRAMMY Awards, Beyoncé is rumored to take the stage and perform "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" as a part of the Selma tribute that will include John Legend and Common performing their Oscar-nominated song "Glory."

While a lot of criticism has surrounded this rumored decision as Ledisi will be in attendance tomorrow night, as she is nominated for a GRAMMY for Best R&B Performance, I hope that the GRAMMYs get it right and either let Ledisi take the stage with Beyoncé in a spirited duet, and/or find a way to include nine-time GRAMMY nominee Ledisi.

Either way it turns out, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit Ledisi's stunning rendition of the Mahalia Jackson standard "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" below ahead of the GRAMMYs tomorrow night. Therefore, take a few minutes below and listen to her spirited rendition.




No comments:

Post a Comment