Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Joint: "'86" (Dawn Richard)


Dawn Richard has been solidly releasing some great music over these past few months and now the culmination of her hard work will reach its pinnacle next month when she releases her debut solo album "GoldenHeart," on October 16th. With that said, another new joint from Dawn has hit the net and iTunes in the form of "'86." Speaking on the song, Richard said the following about the throwback 80s sound to the record.
"For "'86," my producer Drew and I really went back to the basics...I also grew up listening to Prince, Genesis, Cyndi [Lauper], Peter Gabriel, and Phil Collins, which you hear a lot of in "'86." Their sound resonated in my life and my childhood, so, it's really in a sense the beginning of my story."

With that said, take a listen below to "'86" and if you like what you hear, click here to purchase it.


No comments:

Post a Comment