Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Joint: "(For God’s Sake) Give More Power to the People" (Joss Stone)


Joss Stone's forthcoming album "The Soul Sessions Volume 2" is the official sequel of sorts to her debut album 2003's "The Soul Sessions." With that said, the lead single from the effort "(For God’s Sake) Give More Power to the People," is a solid cover of The Chi Lites' 1971 single.  Peep what Joss Stone had to say on the project and take a listen below to her cover of "(For God’s Sake) Give More Power to the People" before the project is released on July 31st
"I really had fun revisiting The Soul Sessions’ idea and I’m really pleased with the results...I’ve committed long term to my label Stone’d Records, but it felt right to team up with Steve Greenberg and S-Curve again for this release. I think there are some great songs on the album and I loved performing them with such brilliant musicians."

No comments:

Post a Comment