Friday, December 9, 2011

Album in the Works: Janelle Monáe


Janelle Monáe seems to of really been busy this past year as the songstress is putting the finishing touches on not one but two new projects that are slated for a 2012 release. In a new interview with Back to Rockville, Monáe opened up about the prospects of new music and you can peep what she had to say below!

Word is you're working on the next record. What can you say about it?
I am happy to be here and see my family, and I am eager to get back to the studio and work on finishing my album. I stopped touring so I could finish the album. Actually, I plan on releasing two albums next year.
Any idea when? 
I will release them according to my soul clock; so I reserve the right to change that. But I will try to stick to the scheduled release dates, which I know but can't say. I will be thinking about Kansas City and all the people here who have supported me as I continue to write songs that empower, encourage and make you dance. 
Will these new records build on the themes you established in your first two recordings? 
Again, that's all according to my soul clock. Right now all I can say is, the music comes from the space I'm in.
How far along are you in your writing?
I would say 84.799 percent of the writing is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment