Monday, March 3, 2014

Live Clip: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (Patti LaBelle)


Last night during the live telecast to the Oscars, P!nk took on the iconic classic hit "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" to honor The Wizard of Oz and during her performance, all I could wonder was, "if Patti LaBelle booked?" While P!nk is a great artist and singer, her performance from last night's telecast left me wanting more vocally and stagewise.

With that said, although I've posted this performance of Patti Labelle multiple times before, this performance of Patti inhibiting "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" during a Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the best live performances I have ever seen and is the best performance of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" in my opinion.

Regarded by many as one of Patti's (if not best) best recorded performances, Patti literally sings herself out of her clothes. Watch it go down below and Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment