Monday, December 31, 2012

Amazing Cover: "I Will Always Love You" (Jennifer Hudson)


The biggest musical moment of 2012 for me is hands down the tragic passing of the late Ms. Whitney Houston. With that said, the best cover of 2012 in my book emerged several hours after the icons death when Jennifer Hudson took to the Grammy stage to offer up a somber rendition of Houston's most iconic hit "I Will Always Love You." I honestly still can't get over Jennifer Hudson's touching Grammy tribute to Whitney Houston during the Grammys. While her stripped down rendition didn't allow Jennifer to truly showcase off her sublime talents, the song and moment didn't call for that and her highly emotional tribute allowed for us to grieve with her, while at the same time respecting Houston's legacy. Watch her understated, yet powerful memorial performance below as we continue to remember the Ms. Whitney Houston!




Alternative Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment