Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Album in the Works: Followup to "21" (Adele)


While Adele's sophomore album has become both a commercial and critical success with over 7.3 million copies sold and counting, the singer-songwriter is already plotting her followup to "21." With that said, Adele has caught up with Q magazine to reveal her plans for her third album and MTV UK has acquired some of the transcript of the interview.

"I’ve accumulated some things to write about again. I’d go into the studio tomorrow if I could."  
"It won’t be a big production. I want it to be quite acoustic and piano-led. I want to write it, record it, producer it all and master it on my own."  
The Someone Like You hitmaker added: "I think it’ll take a lot longer because I want to do it this way. When I move house in the summer, my sound engineer is going to come and help me install a studio and teach me how to use it." 
 As for whether she feels pressure to achieve the same success as 21 with it’s follow-up, Adele claimed: "I don’t really care about expectations. There was enough of it with this record. If you deliver the songs I think you get away with it. I’m not bothered. I’m not expecting my next record to be as big as this one. That’s impossible."

Read more on MTV UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment